Chocolate and bananas go sooo well together and the sweetness of bananas guarantees that you don’t need to use any sweeteners at all. This chocolate banana bread is totally naturally sweetened. I did use a couple of dates but only because they too are bff with chocolate. I might have added some cardamom as well, as it is my theme flavor for this season.
Chocolate banana bread is pretty as a picture. It makes a perfect start for wintery mornings. Mix some almond butter and maple syrup to a spread to maximize this dark and sweet chocolaty pleasure.
How to make chocolate banana bread?
Chocolate banana bread is really easy to bake, the ingredients just needs to be mixed togehter. If you have blender, food processor or hand processor you can use one of them to pure bananas and dates. Despite of having all three I used a fork to smash both. Obviously the dates will not make a smooth pure that way but I like to have little date pieces in my cake.
Oat flour (especially gluten free) is pretty expensive compared to oat meal but you can do your own flour out of oat meal in a blender.
Make sure you let your bread to cool well before cutting and serving. A bread still very warm is difficult to cut. After about an hour of resting it will be perfect and still a little warm inside.
More delicious and healthy banana breads coming to your way by clicking these links:
- Cherry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Apple Banana Bread
- Gluten-free and Sugar-free Banana Bread
Sugar and Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
5 ripe bananas
100 g soft pitted dates
1 dl coconut oil
0,5 dl raw cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
2 dl pecans
3 dl oat flour
- Heat the oven to 180 °C, grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Peal the bananas and pitt the dates. Smash them on a plate with a fork. Move the mash to a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil, cacao, cinnamon and cardamom to the mash and mix.
- Chop half of the pecans coarsely and add to the batter along with the oat flour.
- Mix well and pour the batter in the loaf tin.
- Bake for app. 50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the tin, then remove from the tin and let cool at least for half an hour