Gluten and sugar free banana bread is baked with buckwheat flour and it’s also vegan. All the sweetness of this delicious bread comes from bananas.
I really like banana bread, both eating and baking. Regular banana bread recipes include at least one cup of farin sugar. Bananas are pretty sweet already as they are so sugar free banana bread is still a sweet cake, not a savory bread. Obviously this is also a matter of how use to sugar and sweet flavours are you. You could add like 0,5 dl of maple syrup to the bread batter for extra sweet and still have the banana bread completely guilt free.
I love to eat this banana bread with a generous spread of peanut butter.
Gluten and Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe
3 ripe bananas
1 dl / 1/3 cup+2tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 dl /1/3 cup+2tbsp peanut butter
2 dl / 3/4 cup water or plant based milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 dl / 1 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Add banana mash, coconut oil, peanut butter, water and chia seed in a bowl and mix together. Leave to set for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients together in an other bowl.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture in the wet ingredients, stir well and pour the batter in a bread tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in 180 degrees (C) for app. 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove the tin and let cool for at least 30 more minutes before cutting.
Check out these banana bread recipes too: