Vegan and peanut butter ginger cookies are made with only 4 ingredients. These cookies are pure genius! Plus they are gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
It’s peanut butter bash time again for a long time! I’m excited because I haven’t participated in a few rounds and it feels good to be back with my blogger colleagues to spread some peanut butter love and because my recipe is so good. 🙂
Peanut Butter Bash is an international group of food bloggers pairing ingredients with peanut butter and creating all sorts of yumminess for you to enjoy.
This time the ingredient to pair with peanut butter is ginger. I didn’t have to think long about the recipe, cookies of course!
And I must say, that these cookies are pure genius! I have made these type of cookies for the first time for this roundup, and I’m totally in love. The whole concept of peanut butter cookies is terrific, and ginger tastes super delicious in them. I haven’t realized what a great pair they actually are before baking the cookies.
The recipe is a little too sweet for my taste, but my kids weren’t happy with the less sugary version. Anyway, the sugar is not that much and it’s not refined. You can replace the coconut sugar with maple syrup, just be careful with the amount of water then.
You may also like my Incredible 3-ingredient Coconut Cookies.
Other amazing recipes with peanut butter and ginger:
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there! Check out the recipes we made while you’re at it!
Peanut Butter Gingersnap Cookie Balls from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Slow Cooker Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken from Kleinworth & Co.
No Bake Peanut Butter Ginger Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from Bake Then Eat
Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup cold water
- Measure the oats in a food processor and pulse into flour. The flour can be pretty coarse, don’t worry about that.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, ginger and water in the food processor and blend until paste forms.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls in your hands and press them into cookies. Use a fork to make the characteristic stripes on the cookies.
- Bake in 350 F / 180 C for 12 - 15 minutes.
Pin the recipe for later: