Use healthy, raw licorice powder to make delicious licorice overnight oats with sugar-free raspberry jam.
Raw licorice powder is one of the big food trends we are living these days. Every healthy conscious person replaces candy with licorice powder covered dates.
Licorice is perfect in overnight oats and especially with raspberries. If you haven’t tasted licorice with raspberries yet, you are really missing a great thing in your life. I suggest you prepare that wrong asap. 😀
Raw licorice root powder is full of health benefits known for thousands of years already. It eases PMS, infection, cough and muscular pain.
It also raises blood pressure, so if you are pregnant or suffer from high blood pressure, you shouldn’t eat licorice, or eat it only very little. In overall, enjoy licorice in moderation, it’s super tasty also in small quantities.
I made some super easy chia jam to go with my oats.
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mash the raspberries with a fork.
- Mix in the chia seeds and let sit at least for 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp licorice powder
- 1 tbsp lucuma (can be substituted with maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the almond milk and stir.
- Let to set for 20 minutes, stir well again and put in the fridge overnight.
Pin the recipe for later: