Bake a gorgeous cake for breakfast without any added sugar. Apple banana bread is also gluten free and vegan and packed with deliciousness.
I love to have a slice of banana bread for breakfast. Despite its sweet nature, you could actually spread a little butter on the slice. I often use peanut butter. I this cake there is some already baked in it to give the cake more taste and better texture.
All you need is one bowl and a fork. Maybe I should niche down the blog to recipes that can be made with a fork.. It’s my most used kitchen tool, that lazy I am. 😀
I grated a couple of apples in this bread. Crispy autumn apples are a great addition to a sweet bread. Tha apple banana bread has no added sugar, all the sweetness comes from apples and naturally very sweet bananas. I regular banana bread is baked with at least 300 ml of sugar. The difference is significant.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-4 apples (depending on their size) grated (1 cup)
- 300 ml oat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda
- ⅛ tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ cup raisins (or sultanas)
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork. Put the mash in a mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and the chia seeds and mix well. Leave to set while the oven heats up.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius / 375 Fahrenheit
- Grate the apples. There is no point peeling them. Add the apple grate to the banana mixture.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, soda, spices and raisin to the dough and mix until all is well combined.
- Line a bread loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the dough into the tin.
- Bake for about 40 -50 minutes.
- Let to cool completely before cutting.
Pin the recipe for later: