Banana bread is always a good idea, and it can be baked with no added sugar. A classic combination of blueberries and cardamom takes this gluten free blueberry banana bread to a whole other level.
Banana bread is always a good idea. It never fails to comfort you and tastes incredible with a cozy cup of tea. I always suggest banana bread for brunches, its quick and easy to make and everybody loves it. Serve the bread with a nutbutter; I bet your guests will go nuts for it.
I used bilberries, the wild blueberries in the banana bread. I always have them in the freezer for baking, smoothies or nicecream. They have an incredible dense flavor and color, and they are told to be more nutrient than the grown ones. Real Nordic superfood!
I hear blueberries often to call for cardamom and I'm glad to add it into everything with blueberries. Add to the flavor mix the buckwheat I used to bake this blueberry banana bread, and you enter into a food combination heaven! That is so good you might cry a little for joy. 😀
Blueberry Banana Bread - Vegan and Gluten Free
- 3 medium sized bananas
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp OR 150 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp OR 300 ml buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup OR 125 ml blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C OR 370 F.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Put the mash in a mixing bowl together with olive oil and chia seeds. Mix well. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
- Add cardamom, buckwheat flour, and baking powder into the mixture and stir well.
- Add the blueberries right before putting the dough in the oven. If you use frozen berries, make sure to take them out of the freezer at the very last minute to prevent them from melting.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and pour the dough into the tin.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool at least for 10 minutes before cutting.
Pin the recipe for later: