Raw chocolate rocky road is full of crunchy nuts and healthy pomegranate. It’s super easy to make and it serves even a bigger party of dinner quests. It’s a spectacular dessert served whole.
If you are able to melt chocolate you are able to make rocky road! Well, some details like perfect texture and consistency are not quite that simple when making chocolate yourself, but without going into these finest details you can make healthier and delicious chocolate in about half an hour. Home made chocolate is not miraculously healthier than the chocolate bars you buy in a store but home made raw chocolate contains all the great healthy benefits of cacao and can have significantly less sugar. It’s still just as fat as the regular chocolate, something you might want to keep in mind..
I sweetened the rocky road with solid honey. Honey and chocolate are a great flavour pair and I feel that solid honey helps the chocolate to set. I haven’t checked this anywhere so it’s more of a good feeling than a proven fact. But good feelings are important when cooking! And I have found a gorgeous tasting honey cultivated just two kilometers from my home, a well enough reason to use honey to sweeten things I say. When using honey to sweeten home made chocolate, it’s good to use soy or rise lecithin to help the ingredients to combine together. Honey mixes poorly with fats and chocolate is full of them. Honey can be replaced with maple syrup, coconut sugar or erythritol, these sweeteners don’t call for any emulsifiers.
Raw Rocky Road Recipe
100 g cacao butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
0,5 tsp soy lecithin
1 dl hasel nuts
1 dl pistacchios
2 tbps freeze dried pomegranate seeds
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl over hot water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl or start to boil.
- Add honey into the butter and oil mixture and whisk well.
- Add raw cacao powder and soy lecithin and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the chocolate on a plate or in a liquid proof spring form.
- Add the nuts evenly in the chocolate and sprinkle the freeze dried pomegranate seed on top.
- Put the rocky road in a fridge for half an hour to set.