Chocolate pancakes elevate your mornings to a whole new level. They are totally vegan and gluten-free.
The best mornings are those with a high stack of pancakes! I wish every day could be a pancake day. On weekdays this doesn’t come true for me as making pancakes takes some time. But when I do have the time required, it’s truly worth every minute.
Vary the basic vegan pancake recipe according to whatever you happen to have in your pantry to make a different kind of delicious pancakes. Chocolate pancakes are my kids’ favorites; they taste especially nice with bananas and peanut butter.
Chocolate Pancakes - Vegan & Gluten-free
- 1 ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 ¼ cup sparkling water
- 1 ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil for baking optional
- Whisk together milk, water, buckwheat flour and chia seeds. Let to set at least for 15 minutes whisking for a couple of times.
- Mix lucuma, cacao, and baking powder. Whisk them into the pancake batter.
- Grease a medium hot pan with coconut oil and bake the pancakes for a couple of minutes on both sides.