Chocolate Pancakes – Vegan & Gluten-free
Chocolate pancakes elevate your mornings to a whole new level. They are totally vegan and gluten-free.
The best mornings are those with a high stack of pancakes! I wish every day could be a pancake day. On weekdays this doesn’t come true for me as making pancakes takes some time. But when I do have the time required, it’s truly worth every minute.
Vary the basic vegan pancake recipe according to whatever you happen to have in your pantry to make a different kind of delicious pancakes. Chocolate pancakes are my kids’ favorites; they taste especially nice with bananas and peanut butter.
More delicious pancakes:
Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
Follow the blog on Instagram and Pinterest.
Chocolate Pancakes - Vegan & Gluten-free
- 1 ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 ¼ cup sparkling water
- 1 ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil for baking optional
- Whisk together milk, water, buckwheat flour and chia seeds. Let to set at least for 15 minutes whisking for a couple of times.
- Mix lucuma, cacao, and baking powder. Whisk them into the pancake batter.
- Grease a medium hot pan with coconut oil and bake the pancakes for a couple of minutes on both sides.
These pancakes look so AMAZING! And what a great idea to use sparkling water! So many GF pancakes are heavy, but these look light and fluffy!
Thank you so much Laurel!
Sparkling water gives the baking powder some extra boost and makes the pancakes super fluffy.