Have you ever tried to eat your oats oven baked? Baked coconut oatmeal with plums is a really nice and cozy autumn breakfast.
A nice cup of coffee or tea and a nice thick bar of warm oatmeal bake with vanilla custard. Omnom.
Baked coconut oatmeal is perfect for a weekend brunch with friends and family. One oven pan of the bake will feed a crowd.
The bake can be served hot from the oven of completely cooled so you could make it the day before. The best it is straight from the oven with cold vanilla custard or ice cream. The plums gives nice acidness to the bake. My kids weren’t great fans of the coconut flakes although in my opinion they gave the bake a nice texture. You could replace them with shredded coconut.
The coconut sugar in the recipe can be switched to maple syrup or even to apple sauce for a sugar free version. Or just simply leave the coconut sugar out.
Related recipe: Rhubarb Granola Breakfast Bake
Related recipe: Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
Baked Coconut Oatmeal with Plums
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs 2 flax eggs for vegan version
- ¼ cup / 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups / 500 ml oats
- 1 ½ cups / 125 ml coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 390 F.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Mix the eggs and coconut sugar in the bananas.
- Measure oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl and mix well. Add the mixture in the banana mash.
- Pour and tap even in a greased oven proof pan.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Place the plum halves on the bake cut side down.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Pin the Recipe for Later: