Chewy and tender apple pie cookies are baked with peanut butter to give them that extra delicious addition of flavor. Apple pie cookies are vegan, gluten free and sugar free.
Apples and peanut butter are a heavenly flavor combination. Apple wedges and peanut butter dip is a great snack that works for kids and adults in every snack requiring occasion.
Peanut butter and apples work wonders together in baking too.
Related: Apple Banana Bread
Peanut butter can be used to replace eggs in vegan baking, like in these yummy cookies that not only taste amazing but fills the home with their spicy scents for a long time.
How to make oat flour?
I used homemade oat flour in these apple pie cookies. Oat flour, especially gluten free, are a bit pricey so if you don’t need the finest flour, make it at home.
All you need is a blender or a food processor. Measure oats in the blender bowl and pulse until they are flour. How fine the flour will depend on the time you let the machine run and on its power. A powerful high speed blender makes finer flour.
A fine flour is not essential in apple pie cookies so you can make them yourself even with a regular blender. If you don’t have a blender or a food processor, just buy the flour in your grocery store or use oats.
More easy and healthy cookies:
- Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies
- Vegan Salted Caramel Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Cookies
- Muesli Cookies
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 banana
- 100 ml ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 - 4 grated apples 1 cup in total
- 1 tablespoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 cups oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 375 F
- Peel the banana and mash it with a fork.
- Mix the peanut butter in the banana mash.
- Add the grated apples and spices and mix well.
- Add the oat flour to the dough and mix until it’s all well combined.
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper. Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to make thick cookies. If you use a cookie scoop, you need to press the cookies a little to make them nice and round.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before eating.
Pin the recipe for later: