Piña colada nice cream straight from hot summery beaches tastes like coconut and pineapple. More good reasons to store frozen fruit in your freezer!
This post contains affiliate links. We might get a small commission (no extra cost to you!) for purchases made from those links. The links are marked with *.
I can’t decide whether to call this Malibu Nice Cream or Piña Colada Nice Cream. And you could surely splash in a dash of coconut liquor to make it to be more like the authentic cocktail.
Don't serve children alcohol. Use liquor if only adults will enjoy the nice cream.
This nice cream is a rich and creamy treat packed with sweet coconut, pineapple and, bananas.
All you need
- frozen banana slices
- frozen pineapple cubes
- coconut milk, chilled on a refrigerator over-night
- blender or food processor - We find a food processor to be better to make nice creams if you don't have a powerful high-speed blender like *Vitamix or *Blendtech. We use a Braun Multiquick Hand Blender with a set of attachments. It's a wonder, especially if you have restricted space in your kitchen for multiple gadgets.
How to make nice cream
- Nice cream is made of frozen bananas and other fruit and berries that are blended into creamy ice cream.
- Start the day ahead by preparing the fruit.
- Peel the bananas and slice them thickly.
- Cut off the pineapple skin and the hard inner part. Cut the pineapple into large cubes.
- Freeze the fruit.
- Place one can of coconut milk in the fridge.
We suggest you always keep a can or to into refrigerator as you never know when an urgent need for chilled coconut milk hits.
Also, the fruit keeps well in the freezer for 3 months. Take some time to prepare bananas and other fruit ready for dreamy nice creams and cooling smoothies.
Pineapple is Good For You
Did you know that pineapple has tremendous anti-inflammatory benefits? Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which helps to regulate the immune response. It also helps to prevent cardiovascular disease and fights against blood clotting.
Pineapple is quite high in sugar, but it’s health benefits are so notorious that you should definitely include it in your diet.
Piña colada nice cream is not just a cooling summer treat, but it also makes a great anti-inflammatory snack or breakfast.
More healthy and cooling ice creams and nice creams:
- Blueberry Cardamom Nice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Popsicles
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Peppermint Stracciatella Nice Cream
Pina Colada Nice Cream
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 cup frozen pineapple cubes
- 1 cup chilled coconut milk
- Measure bananas and pineapple in a blender bowl.
- Scoop the firm part of the coconut milk in the blender. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t fill an intire cup measure. If the measurement is way off, add sime coconut water from the can.
- Blend until the nice cream is smooth and silky.