Prepare your oats in the evening and put them in the fridge overnight. Peanut butter overnight oats are a protein packed delicious dairy, sugar and gluten free breakfast.
It’s peanut butter bash time again!
Peanut butter bash is a group of food bloggers’ pairing peanut butter with another ingredient every month. You might have guessed that it’s oats this time.
I was super excited about this flavor combination, I love oats! I even eat a heartful plate of oatmeal porridge for lunch basically every day. I’ll never get bored of oats!
Overnight oats are super simple to prepare, just mix the ingredients the evening before in a bowl and put in the fridge. In the morning you have a breakfast ready to be taken out from the fridge and eaten.
I used maple syrup to sweeten the peanut butter overnight oats but you could use honey or agave or just leave it without.
The caramelized apples give the oats some sweetness too. Prepare the apples right before serving that they are still warm. This is optional of course, but the apples are best served hot.
Read also: Peanut Butter Recipes
If you are passionate about peanut butter, join the Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook group.
Also, check out what other super delicious recipes some wonderful food bloggers have created for you:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Skinny Double Chocolate Brownies from Kleinworth & Co.
Vegan Refined Sugar Free Peanut Butter Oat Thins from Bake Then Eat
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- ½ tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp (raw) cacao powder
- Measure almond milk and peanut butter in a bowl and mix until the peanut butter has dissolved.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients part from the cacao powder and mix well. In the mixture gets too thick, add more almond milk.
- Divide the oat mixture into two bowls and add the cacao powder to the other one to make a chocolate layer.
- Leave the oats to rest for 15 minutes, after that give them a good stir and move to the fridge overnight.
- For the caramelized apple, cut one apple in wedges and put the wedges in a pan with some coconut oil and roast untile golden.
- Garnish with cacao nibs and peanuts.
Pin the recipe for later: