Creamy lemon broccoli soup is a perfect warming dish for the cold winter days. It’s comfort food at it’s best and so damn delicious it’s hard to stop eating and impossible not to lick the plate after it is empty. This is one of the most popular recipes of my old blog so I thought it would be nice to share it with all the new readers. This new version of the soup is vegan. You need just 9 ingredients and a blender to cook it, a hand blender will do just as fine.
When things don’t go as you’ve planned
This soup is the only thing I was able to cook last week. The week didn’t go exactly as I planned it. I became from stay at home mom to a solopreneur and full time blogger and I had a lot of great big plans of scheduling workflows, making new recipes and photographing food, writing social media and blogging tips for you. Instead of completing any of the planned tasks, I spent the most of the week in bed suffering from stomach aches, fever and flu. I was even taken to a hospital one night, by the paramedics, that sick I was. As it’s not enough that I was sick, all the kids got a flu too.
We are still all more or less sick so the blog might be pretty quiet this week too.
Lemon Broccoli Soup Recipe
2-3 (100g) shallots
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp dried marjoram
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 l hot vegetable stock
800 g broccoli
1 lemon, zest
1/2 lemon, juice
*2 dl oat cream
- Heat the vegetable stock.
- Peel and chop the shallots. Peel the garlic clove and crush it with a knife.
- Chop the broccoli in big chunks, use the whole vegetable, stalks and leaves and all.
- Put the shallots, garlic, marjoram and coconut oil in a large pot and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the hot stock and the broccoli.
- Cook covered until the broccoli is tender.
- Blend the soup in a blender or use a hand blender. You probably need to use the blender two batches, at least my blender isn’t big enough to blend it all at once. Pulse until the soup is really smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup back to the pot, add lemon zest, lemon juice and oat cream and bring back to boil but don’t cook anymore.
*Make sure the oat cream you use is gluten free!! Or use some other vegan cream like soy cream.