Extra gooey grain free Christmas cookies that taste just like the gingerbread dough! Whip some coconut cream with lingonberries or cranberries to enjoy with the cookies.
Grain free Christmas cookies are quick and easy to make. They are wonderful eaten plain, but the whipped coconut cream with berries make then a healthy and delicious dessert.
Plus being gluten free here is no added sugar in these cookies, dates, and bananas are sweet enough to sweeten them and coconut is pretty sweet too so no need to add sugar to the whipped coconut cream either.
Christmas cookies taste like gingerbread dough, and the dough is, as we all know, way better than the actual cookies. If you have read my blog before, you probably know that I’m a huge fan of vegan cookies based on bananas.
Here is one of my most popular cookie recipes: 3-Ingredient Coconut Cookies.
Cookies are a nice homemade gift you can do in no time, and they are the best served fresh. I opened and folded muffin papers to pack the cookies individually in a small box.
The coconut whipped cream is not the best gift but as said, the cookies work great on their own too.
About the coconut whipped cream, it’s wise to keep a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge at all times. It needs to be chilled to be whipped.
Grain Free Christmas Cookies
- 15 Medjool dates
- 2 small bananas
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spice mix
- 1 ¾ cups OR 450 ml almond flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup OR 100 ml chilled full-fat coconut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ cup OR 50 ml frozen lingonberries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 375 F
- Pit the dates and peel the bananas. Put both in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until paste forms.
- Add spices, almond flour, and cornstarch and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Form cookies on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Move the baked cookies immediately on a cooling tray.
- Prepare the coconut whipped cream. Scoop the solid coconut milk to a bowl and whisk fluffy and airy with an electric whisk. Add vanilla and lingonberries.
Pin the recipe for later: