Blood orange chicken is a healthy weeknight favorite as it’s super simple to make yet delicious. Preparations take just a few minutes the night before.
This very simple dish needs 10 minutes of preparation the night before cooking, 8 hours marinating in the fridge and 30 minutes in the oven.
The easiness makes this dish my favorite and the delicious flavor my family’s favorite.
Side Dishes for Orange Chicken
Serve the blood orange chicken with
- cooked quinoa
- cooked brown rice
- boiled potatoes
Blood Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast fillets
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarse mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 orange juice
- 1 orange sliced
- fresh rosemary
- Measure soy sauce, mustard, honey and the juice of one orange in a zip lock bag big enough to easily accommodate the chicken breast fillets. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add the chicken fillets into the bag and close well.
- Turn the bag in your hands for a couple of times to get the marinade all over the fillets.
- Place the bag in the fridge at least for 8 hours. If possible, flip the bag once during the marinading.
- When it’s time to prepare dinner, preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Move the chicken fillets from the marinade and put them in an oven pan. There is no need to tap them dry or drain.
- Spread the rosemary leaves on the fillets and place one orange slice on each fillet.
- Roast in the oven for app. 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.