A lovely raw, vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened strawberry cheese cake for special summer occasions.
Making raw cakes requires a blender. A high-speed blender does the cake for you in now time but any blender will do. I (used to) have a semi-high-speed blender that I never was quite happy with until I lost it. My semi-ok blender failed me in the middle of making nice cream; it just stopped and never went on again. I had to take the old one out of the storage and oh boy how much I miss my semi-ok blender! At least it blended…
But I did manage to make a raw strawberry cheesecake with the anti-blender, just to prove you – and myself – that it’s not about the equipment (it is, but let’s just pretend it’s not until I can afford a new blender). It took longer to blend the cake components than to eat the cake it but it was wort it! 😀 This cake is so yum.
EDIT: I have a new blender. A semi-high-speed again. 🙂
I love berries, love baking with berries, love eating them as they are, love topping my porridge with them, love them in smoothies, ice creams, and cakes. Raw vegan strawberry cheesecake is easy to make (minus blender) and it’s only 8 ingredients and no added sweeteners. A guilt free cake is good even for breakfast.
Raw Strawberry Cheese Cake
- 70 g almond 1/2 cup
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup 150 g cashews
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3 <g class="gr_ gr_70 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="70" data-gr-id="70">tbsp / half</g> lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
Start making the cake the evening before by putting the cashews is a bowl and covering them with water. You need to soak them overnight.
- Put the almonds in the blender and pulse until they are coarsely ground.
- Add the dates and coconut oil in the blender and pulse until the crust mixture is sticky and starts to form a ball.
- Press the crust mixture into a bottom of a cake tin (18 cm) and place it in the freezer to wait for the filling to be prepared.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and put them in cleaned blender with all the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until the filling mixture is smooth and silky.
- Pour the filling over the crust, cover the tin with cling film and place it back in the freezer for at least 4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
Pin the recipe for later: