Gluten free vegan cookies with no added sugar, yet sweet enough to satisfy the sweet tooth. Imagine a large class of oat milk or a giant mug of coffee and a pile of still slightly warm chocolate cookies. It time to start to preheat the oven and to peel bananas.
Use your favourite spices to level up the cookies or make a crispy version like these sugar free chocolate biscuits. But don't try to put raisins in thin, crispy biscuits, it will be a catastrophe. A burnt raisin is not crispy, it's incredible chewy. Try if you don't believe me.
I have told you before that I like a lot to bake with my kids. I have three kids and even the youngest one, now 19 months is bale to help. Vegan cookies are so easy and carefree for them to make. Oh the joy of mashing, mixing and pulsing the food processor! 🙂 And staring in the oven for the 20 minutes asking every 20 seconds if the cookies are ready soon..
Vegan Chocolate Raisin Cookies
- 1 dl / ⅓ cup+1tbsp almonds
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 dl / ⅓ cup+1tbsp raisins
- 3 dl / 1+¼ cup oats
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC / 350 ºF
- Put the almonds in the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add peeled bananas, cacao and vanilla and pulse to form paste.
- Scoop the banana almond mash in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the oats and raisins and combine well.
- With two table spoons form cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Be careful not to burn the raisins!
Pin the recipe for later